Often workplace disputes can involve more than two people. Mediation can be a very effective strategy in assisting parties to identify issues in dispute, reality test options and work towards some resolution.
Workplace conflict can exist:
- Between Business Partners;
- Between Employees;
- Between Managers;
- Between Staff and Managers;
- Within teams;
- Between teams;
- Within Committees;
- Within Boards;
- Between Employers and Contractors;
- Between Employees and Contractors.
Types of conflict in the workplace include:
- Personality clashes;
- Breakdowns in communication;
- Conflict over roles, workloads or pay rates;
- Conflict over pay rates;
- Competition within teams; and
- Noncompliance with rules and policies.